Thursday, February 24, 2011

songwriters who inspire me...a video sampler

To go along with yesterday's post about songwriter's block, I thought I'd try a new twist and do a video blog. Not me talking at you via YouTube, but a sampler of sorts, of some of the songwriters that inspire me. This is a small sample, naturally, because I couldn't possibly find videos of all the songwriters I like and respect. I probably can't even name them all in one post. For some, I may even post two videos, because I just can't get enough. Without further ado, here are some of my favorites:
Jim Cuddy





Rose Cousins- Home...probably my favorite song of hers. Beautiful.


Tim Easton

Amos Lee - from just this week on Letterman



Chris Trapper -



Ray LaMontagne actually I'm posting two of his... just because.

 



There you have it, but believe me when I say...this is a SMALL sample of the songwriters who inspire me...and I keep hearing new ones every day, it seems. I don't know if I will ever consider any of my songs on the same level as theirs, but it's something to aim for.



No comments:

Post a Comment